Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Greek Style Mahimahi








Lucky me, I have this week off, which is more like lucky husband - because now I can focus my leisure time in our own kitchen.  Before I left for the market today, I glossed over a few of my newest cooking mags and this recipe jumped out at me since I had 2 things on my mind: easy and easier.  It comes from this month's issue (June), of Gourmet, and I tell you, it's good. Often I find that recreating something from a magazine can be disappointing, but this was as promising as it looked.  It calls for mahimahi, but I bet that any firm white fish, such as halibut, sea bass or cod, would work just fine.  The feta and herbs are lovely with the fish and the heirloom tomatoes were all just right.  Served along a simple green salad, this is a great one for a hot summer night.

 
From Gourmet, June 2009.
Serves 4

Greek - Style Mahi Mahi

3 medium tomatoes, cut into large wedges
2 TBLS + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 TBLS red wine vinegar
4 (6 oz) pieces of mahi mahi, skin attached
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup crumbled feta
3 TBLS chopped fresh mint
2 TBLS chopped fresh dill
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
8 very thin lemon slices

Preheat broiler.
Toss tomatoes with 2 TBLS oil, vinegar and salt.
Line a broiler pan with parchment paper.
Place fish skin side down on pan and season with salt and pepper.
Whisk together mayonnaise, feta, herbs and lemon juice and spread over fish.
Place slices of lemon wedges, overlapping, on pieces of fish.
Drizzle with remaining olive oil. (2 tsp).
Broil fish 8 inches from heat until cooked through.  About 15 minutes.  If topping browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil.  Serve with tomatoes.

































2 comments:

sangeeta said...

hey this lemony fish with salad makes me drool right now....perfect cheesy lemony fish.

Anonymous said...

you can just call this fish love. WOWEE!